The Center for Research and Reform in Education at Johns Hopkins University is committed to respecting your privacy with regard to both your internet use and your personal information. We will not share your e-mail address or any of your personal information with any other person or entity unless it is necessary to comply with the law.
Our web server automatically collects standard technical information from a visitor’s computer, such as the IP address, domain name, and browser, and we utilize cookies and third-party services, including Google Analytics, to learn about how visitors use the web site, which pages they visit, frequency of visits, most popular pages, and other information. This information is used to assess how we are doing and what changes we might want to consider making to the web site in order to improve the web site’s content and accessibility for our users.
If you wish to receive periodic updates from us, you may subscribe to an email list on this web site by providing us with your email address. Similarly, if you choose to contact us directly through email, we will have your email address. We will use your email address only to send you updates or respond to your query as you requested. If at some point in the future you no longer wish to receive updates from us, please inform us of your wish to be removed and we will honor your request.
- User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of this Website, and will not interfere with the use and enjoyment of this Website by others or with JHU’s operation and management of this Website. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on this Website, including without limitation any information required to be provided through a registration form. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized, or incomplete information is submitted by you, JHU reserves the right to terminate your access and use of this Website. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using this Website, or otherwise defame or harm any party, including JHU, through your use of this Website.
- Proprietary Rights. The content of this Website includes, without limitation, (i) trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, brand names, trade dress, trade names, and other distinctive identification of JHU; (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, images, photographs, audio and video materials; and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through this Website. The content is the property of JHU, its licensors, sponsors, partners, content providers, or other third parties, and is protected by law, treaties, and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, sale, distribution, publication, broadcast, circulation, or dissemination of any content by you or by you through any other person or entity is prohibited.
- Responsibility for Use of the Internet and This Website. Use of the internet and this Website is solely at your risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations. Unless otherwise required by statute or regulation, JHU does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from this Website over the internet or other communication networks. JHU shall not be obligated to update this Website or the content, and JHU shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on this Website.
- Links to Third Party Websites. This Website may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which JHU exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links (provided by JHU or by a third party) is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Warranties Disclaimed. THIS WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER JHU, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, OR TRUSTEES NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY “WEBSITE PARTIES”) PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (i) THIS WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR NON-INFRINGING; (ii) ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (iv) THE CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THE WEBSITE. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
Last Updated: August 3, 2023